Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Shipping Season!

Shipping season officially started here in Duluth! I love shipping season...yeah, I know, a weird thing to love but whatever. So anyways, I ran Monday morning and I got to the bottom of the hill and saw a ship! The sun was rising and I thought I could get a beautiful picture so I bolted back up the hill (mind you this is 2 blocks and one of the steepest blocks in Duluth...so it was a slow bolt), got my camera and bolted back down the hill to the pier. Sadly, by the time I made it to the pier the sunrise was already over.















So, I snapped a few photos and started to head back to my apartment and then I saw the ship moving! It was coming through the harbor! Oh what a glorious morning. :) So I waited for the ship to come through, waved at the sailors (like a tourist), took a few more photos (again very touristy of me) and ran back home. Needless to say I was late to work. It's a good thing my manager is cool.



















So here are the pictures I got...none of them are stunning but fun nonetheless. Oh and I have to mention yesterday was my sister's 29th BIRTHDAY! Lucky for her she's in San Diego so I didn't get to see her on her birthday. HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY SISTA!! I LOVE YOU!

1 comment:

  1. Jen,
    Love your pictures - but more than that I love your passion and enthusiasm.

    tourist: one who travels for pleasure (I like the pleasure part), day-tripper, sightseer.

    Who doesn't want to enjoy your day and see the sights. I think I'm going to act like a tourist today!

    ReplyDelete