Tuesday, January 13, 2009

A Day of Fun

Karley and I recently had "Karley and Jenn Fun Day". Prior to Christmas we decided we would give homemade gifts to each other and have a "fun day" to celebrate Christmas. And a fun day it was! Yogurt and granola with organic coffee for breakfast, a trip to the fabric store, a lovely lunch at the local Burrito Union, a quick stop at our favorite running store after heaading back to my apartment for bag making and living room redecorating.

My grandma is an insanely amazing artist and one of her crafts is knitting. Years ago she (or my mom, I can't remember) taught me how to knit. Me being the person who never finishes a craft never finished a knitted project. Scroll forward to 2008 and panicked about what to make Karley, I decided to try knitting a cowl she had been lusting after on etsy. I did a practice scarf (yes, it's finished and being worn by my good friend Joey...only a boy could appreciate it), got new needles, new yarn and started up on the cowl. In the end, she loved it! In her words, "You could sell this for $50 dollars!!!" What are your thoughts? Would you buy this cowl?


1 comment:

  1. i would totally buy this cowl. it's adorable!
    i'm so glad you're joining in on the spending hiatus!
    xo
    joslyn

    ReplyDelete