Thursday, January 15, 2009

Simple Decorating

My built in shelving unit was in dire need of an extreme shelf makeover but this is difficult when your 2009 goal is to go on a spending hiatus and only buy necessities. Luckily 2 heads are better than one. When Karley saw my collection of random jars and vases along with white stones she directed me to this DIY project on Design*Sponge via Craft Stylish.

The designer, Kayte Terry, used this as a table centerpiece with cute acorns filled with felt. Adorable. And resourceful! And perfect for my shelves! I already had the jars, stones and cardstock paper, all I needed was the sticks straight from Mother Nature. I wanted to put fabric behind the shelves and luckily I had a $10 gift card from my big sister so I only had to spend $3 on this entire project. Here is how it turned out...




I absolutely love how it turned out! It makes me want to stay at home and stare at its beauty.

3 comments:

  1. Very resourceful:-) And cute, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the shelves! And what a wonderful transformation for only $3. I am so impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jen! I just found your blog via Katie's blog. I LOVE these shelves!! I am moving into a new place and have built-in shelves too. I just might use this idea. Love your style!!

    ReplyDelete