Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Spending Hiatus

I really, really want this jacket. With the new running season quickly approaching, and my knee slowly healing, I really, really want new running clothes. But why? I have 3 drawers FULL of running gear for all weather, -30 to 100, rain, snow or shine. I'm learning to appreciate what I have and spend less time thinking (or looking at/for!) what I don't need.

Over the weekend I did a bit of research on my bank account and how much I spend and where. I realized that even though over the past year I have been doing much better with not spending money on things like going out to eat or shopping, I still do well over my necessary amount. Well, thank goodness for this spending hiatus then! With the month being over half done, I have spent less than half of what I have been spending in a normal month. This is even with buying new running shoes...which some might think is not a neccesity...but it is. My current shoes are WAY over on their mileage and with training for Grandma's Half Marathon starting as soon as my MCL heals, they were a necessity. Now that I am consciously thinking about every purchase I make (thanks to making myself blog about it!), I am spending nothing on unnecessary things!

Overall, so far so good. We'll see how the rest of the week goes. :)

1 comment: