Monday, January 26, 2009

Sled Dog Race

Every year Duluth hosts the John Beargrease Sled Dog Race. For the past 5 years I have never gone to watch the start of this year. Don't ask me why, I just never have! This year a bunch of friends and I all went and it was an awesome time! Yes, it was below zero but 3 pairs of pants, 2 running/skiing tops, a jacket, 2 pairs of gloves, my amazing $3 Swix hat from a vintage store, a scarf, SmartWool socks and North Face boots later...you wouldn't even know it. :)


The picture below was in the Duluth News Tribune. You can see Athena (with my green and white jacket), Joey (in the bright blue snow pants and yellow hat) and me (well my hood). We're famous!

1 comment:

  1. "3 pairs of pants, 2 running/skiing tops, a jacket, 2 pairs of gloves, my amazing $3 Swix hat from a vintage store, a scarf, SmartWool socks and North Face boots"
    Sounds like a plan to stay warm.............but I bet you couldn't move very fast!! Love the pictures.

    ReplyDelete